Monday, April 29, 2013

Avocado Hair Mask

It's no secret Nicole and I like to hang out. We sometimes make the hubby's think it's all about golfing, "Hey Hun, you want to go up to Tim and Nicole's this weekend and you guys can go golfing?" Victory! 
This past Saturday morning revolved around Maple Bars and an Avacado hair mask. It was better than it sounds. 
I found this recipe on Pinterest, naturally. You can find it here.

First you're going to blend up your goods, and hopefully have a BFF you can split the magic with.  Just make sure to double the recipe.

1 Ripe Avacado
1 TBSP Olive Oil
1 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
1 TBSP Brown Sugar

 

Next your going to have said BFF slime your hair with it. I'm not going to lie, this seriously gave me the heebs. It brought back not so fond memories of blow out diapers that resulted in entire wardrobe changes. 


My little guy Soren was NOT impressed, he kept saying, "No Cado!" 


We let it sit for about 30 min, we didn't have a shower cap, or even saran wrap. Nicole suggested Glad press and seal, but combined with a blow dryer I thought it was best to avoid the smell of melted plastic and hair...She might not invite me back.



Overall, when we were done we had mixed reviews. Both of us thought our hair was left feeling a little heavy. My ends however have not felt less crunchy. I wash my hair about every other day, so fast forward to day 3, my hair was amazing. For reals. It was shiny and soft, and all around fabulouuus. 6 days later my hair is still feeling and looking awesome. This will definitely be a repeat. Next time I will follow the directions a little closer and use the shower cap and blow dryer.





We both used this curling wand...



and I am firm believer in Wen products.



I hope you're not too weary to give this DIY Hair Mask a try. Let us know what you think. To stay updated with us, you can subscribe to our blog via the side bar. Just look for the mustache. ;)




5 comments:

  1. pretty good, thank you for the tips, I will try this at home. I also use pro naturals moroccan argan oil hair mask which is helping me to get shiny and healthy hair again. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard amazing things about Mococcan oil, it's on the top of my list for hair products to try!

      Delete
  2. I have sisterlocks and would like to apply it to my hair, will it work the same?

    ReplyDelete
  3. how long can we do this hair mask? can we do it few times a week or just once a month?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haloo pak^^

    Kami dari SENTANAPOKER ingin menawarkan pak^^

    Untuk saat ini kami menerima Deposit Melalui Pulsa ya pak.

    *untuk minimal deposit 10ribu
    *untuk minimal Withdraw 25ribu

    *untuk deposit pulsa kami menerima provider
    -XL
    -Telkomsel


    untuk bonus yang kami miliki kami memiliki
    *bonus cashback 0,5%
    *bunus refferal 20%
    *bonus gebiar bulanan (N-max,samsung Note 10+,Iphone xr 64G,camera go pro 7hero,Apple airpods 2 ,dan freechips)

    Daftar Langsung Di:

    SENTANAPOKER

    Kontak Kami;

    WA : +855 9647 76509
    Line : SentanaPoker
    Wechat : SentanaPokerLivechat Sentanapoker

    Proses deposit dan withdraw tercepat bisa anda rasakan jika bermain di Sentanapoker. So… ? tunggu apa lagi ? Mari bergabung dengan kami. Pelayanan CS yang ramah dan Proffesional dan pastinya sangat aman juga bisa anda dapatkan di Sentanapoker.

    ReplyDelete

Share the knowledge!